<$BlogRSDUrl$>
a woman under the influence
bittersweet fictions. references without citations. fundamental attribution errors.

What I Though on Flight 1450 to Denver

12 August 2008
That baby looks like an old man.

An old man who has lived sixty years hard years.

On his face.


I could really use a soda.


Did I pack deodorant?


What do I remember about my dad?


I wonder if that kid would let me color a page in his Transformers coloring book.


I shouldn't have worn these old Converse. They smell. I can't take off my shoes now. I wish my feet didn't stink.


Does my breath still stink? He said it did last night. Time for a temporary complex.


His parents must know he looks like an old man.

I mean, look at that shirt.


I feel conspicuous pulling out Obama's book next to this lady with the trashy crime novel and sleeve tattoos.


I wonder how I'm going to get to the hotel.


Seriously? Do we need the drop-down TV's for an hour and a half flight?


When we finally landed in London, our wing was on fire. I was the only one entertained.

If my life were a novel, that would mean something.


He said Paul Auster's first five novels were superb. I should have picked up that used copy of The Music of Chance


This is that show about Chris Rock as a kid. It has a terrible knock-off name. What is it? Everybody Hates Chris? My Big Fat Chris Childhood? CSI: Chris Rock?


I wonder if Alan Alda is fun to talk to.


The best part of the opening scene of Me and You and Everyone We Know is when she says...

When I call a name...

When I call a name...

It'll be your name....

What's your name?

Nevermind. Let's go. Say it...

Let's go.



Sometimes we need to be willing to take a risk with someone knowing nothing about them but that they are willing to take the risk with you, too.


In Dispatch's The General, he dismisses the troops before they have even begun to fight. The line says Go now, you are forgiven.

I love that. They are forgiven not for their actions, but for their intent to act.

Some intentions require forgiveness.
7:59 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • who needs tv in air planes when thoughts, observations and fantasies fill everybody's head? even when falling asleep, dreams are more vivid with images (but no words) sometimes those flights of thinking are heavy and the planes have a much harder time getting off the ground. pilot to co-pilot- is it just me or do we seem to be flying in a circle?

    By Blogger tapecase | r s e, at 13/8/08 10:57  
Post a Comment
<< Home

a woman under the influence :: permalink