<$BlogRSDUrl$>
a woman under the influence
bittersweet fictions. references without citations. fundamental attribution errors.

He Never Got To Kick The Football

21 September 2006


i regret taking life and myself too seriously at various points in my life. man, what a douche i was.


i regret having dreams where i feel antagonized in uncomfortable circumstances that i thought i have overcome long ago.haunted by what really happened and what possibly could of happened.


I regret not being able to catch my dog when I was ten and he fell from the balcony, ten feet down to concrete.


Having sex with someone I shouldn't have.
I quit something I enjoyed doing because I didn't like the authoritative figure.
Not knowing when to leave the dance floor and say enough is enough.


I have knowingly starved loves that would have lived.


i regret being so self-absorbed as to not listen to people that have something important to say.


As a child, I told my sister that a ring she wore was not made of real precious stones. I did this to hurt her because I was jealous of her costume jewelry.


I regret letting life interfere with art.


I took my opportunities for granted and now I have none.


I had arranged, and promised, to take my 12 year old daughter and her best friend to a hospital ward on Halloween, in costume, to cheer up the patients, and I backed out at the last minute – unforgivable.


I regret having remained a child for far too long.


My regret, one of several, is that I didn't take better care of my body all these years.


I regret not thinking more clearly about the future when choosing my daughter's Father.


Getting married. Twice.


I regret not being more convincing while encouraging my parents to purchase Sega stock in 1987.


I regret that I want you to regret how you have treated me.


I regret nothing because the choices make the person and I like who I am.


Not telling my soulmate that I love her.


Wasting years of my life on someone else's goals.


I regret moments/hour/days of insecurities not spent on laughing/learning/living.


I regret not having gone to bed earlier.


I regret not talking with my grandmother more before she died only because her mental state was too hard for me to bear.


I regret looking at my uncle when he was lying in state.


I regret compromising my life's comfort by not speaking up and making my
voice heard loud and clear; strong and bold, so many times in my life.


I regret every time I didn't put my foot down.


Thank you, everyone. This couldn't have happened without you.
12:07 AM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Grr... My comment was just deleted.
    Attempt 2: Thanks for having me be part of it.

    I have more to say, but can't seem to put it into words right now. Well Done.

    By Blogger wonderer, at 21/9/06 08:21  
  • Brilliant. I regret not having this idea myself.

    By Blogger b.i.t., at 21/9/06 11:16  
  • I regret not making more of an attempt to see you more while you were here.

    I miss you.

    By Blogger Morgan, at 1/10/06 22:27  
Post a Comment
<< Home

a woman under the influence :: permalink