<$BlogRSDUrl$>
a woman under the influence
bittersweet fictions. references without citations. fundamental attribution errors.

Random Quotes to a Spoiled Whiner

31 August 2006


I recently received a comment from the wonderer. Being the curious sort myself, I investigated and found a newly created blog with two lovely posts about the hassles of poorly designed signage and the efficacy of motivational quotes. I recommend that readers go see what I mean.

spoiledwhiner.blogspot.com

To the wonderer, whomever you may be, I commend you. Also, I must commend your taste in links.

1) "There's an old joke: Two elderly women are at a Catskill Mountain resort. And one of 'em says: 'Boy, the food in this place is really terrible.' The other one says: 'Yeah, I know. And such small portions.' Well, that's essentially how I feel about life. Full of loneliness and misery and suffering and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly." - Annie Hall

2) "I could always live in my art, but never in my life." - Autumn Sonata

3) "Politicians, public buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough." - Chinatown

4) "There are people in this world, Bob, who look very official while they are doing what they are doing. And do you know wny? Because they don't know what they are doing. Because if you know what you are doing, then you don't have to look like you know what you're doing, because it comes naturally." - The Big Kahuna

5) "By listening to the D major, I can feel the limits of what humans are capable of - that a certain type of perfection can only be realised through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect." - Kafka on the Shore

6) "I think and think and think. I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it." - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

7) "Half my life is an act of revision." -John Irving


In reviewing this list of my motivational quotes, it becomes abundantly clear to me why I struggle to make weekly postings.
4:43 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • I feel quite honored by your recent post. Thank you for sharing you quotes.

    Also, I know you stated reading your own motivational quotes made it abundantly clear why you struggle to post weekly. To me, it may make some things abundantly clear, but not that struggle. From what I've seen so far, I truly question that your struggle is associated to lack of ideas, creativity, or discipline (to your passions at least).

    So I obviously missed the boat. If you don't mind my asking, what is your struggle with posting weekly? Mine is making time to put up a decent post. I tend to cheat and post the quick and easies.

    Thank you again for the spectacular post. If I can find a way to do it pretty, I think I'll even print it out.

    By Blogger wonderer, at 1/9/06 13:53  
Post a Comment
<< Home

a woman under the influence :: permalink